Monday, May 18, 2009

The Fantasogra book's secret message

When I was reading through The Fantasogra book, I noticed some odd things. Soo much of the book reminded me of the prejudice and gender roles of the 1950-1960s. Here are the following reasons why:
1. It talks about the cruel treatment of people who don't fit into the society(the Normal ones).
2. How the government made harsh laws in order to keep the Normal ones in poverty and their population low.
3. Women(princesses) were supposed to be obedient to their husbands and weren't given most rights. Which I think contrasts to the whole "Ideal family" thing about women being stay-at-home mothers. Though in Fantasogra the princesses were required to have a son for their husbands, and no more than one daughter.
4. People found the affair between Charles( a chosen one) and Allison( a normal one) a serious crime. It kinda contrasts with the whole interracial marriage ban.
5. The Chosen ones were taught that they were better then the Normal ones. This one needs no explanation. The Chosen ones are given the best of everything.

Now I didn't do these things on purpose, I just noticed them later on. Some people might not think that The Fantasogra book has anything in common with the 1950-1960s, other maybe not. I'm just saying that most books have hidden messages that if you read between the lines you start to realize things that might surprise you.
On a lighter note: I've made my own soundtrack for the Fantasogra book. I've decided that the Normal one theme is God Help The Outcasts from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Have a great week
-AM

No comments:

Post a Comment