Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some great news

YAH I passed the CRCT, so now I don't have to go to summer school! I am soo happy. The only bad thing is that now I have to find some things to do during summer. Hmm what can I do? Write books, go to White Water, hang out with friends, and go to Drama camp. Oh and not to mention blogging all about it.
Now on writing news: I sent a copy of the first chapter of my Fantasogra book was sent to Mr. W( the teacher who hosts my Writers club). It is said to be "published" even though it is just being bound together and put in the Media center for less then 6 days. I guess that will be the closest to publishing as I will get so far.
Also I've noticed that whenever I write a new book I loose confidence in my older novels. I remember the days when I used to believe that The Talking Cake would be a best seller and be made into a movie. I had even made a powerpoint on my ideal cast members. Worst part when that I even imagined how the trailer would look like. But when I wrote The Diary of a lipgloss addict, I started to realize how terrible the Talking Cake was. I then believed that the Diary book would be a best seller and be made into a movie. I even made a trailer! When I wrote the Fantasogra book I started realizing how bad the Diary book was. I realized that the Diary book had soo much going on that it was hard to keep up with.
I just wonder how I will feel about the Fantasogra book when I write my next novel. My main worry is just that I will feel like my old writing is terrible after I write a new book. Have a great week!
-AM
Ps: I won't be able to post any new posts tommorow and on Saturday because I am going to a sleepover(the first in over a year). Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I think every writer thinks that about their early writing! My first novel (my personal favorite) will never see the light of day - but I love it because it taught me a lot, like the fact that I could write an entire book. And that was worth the time and effort!

    Have fun on your sleepover!

    ReplyDelete