Saturday, January 23, 2010

How come there are no teenaged children in Harlequin

How come it's that most Harlequin novels never have the child be a teenager (or at least a 12 year old)? I mean 90% of the kids in Harlequin novels are 7 and under. I guess that most of the bored housewives (who only buy Harlequin for wish fulfillment reasons) must find the perfect child to be within the ages of 0-7, rather than a mature teenager. I guess the bored readers and writers of Harlequin think that us teenagers are evil, which we kinda are. I mean if something doesn't go our way, then we rip your soul out from your eye sockets....

Nah...but most parents absolutly fear the teenage years of their children, but I'm suprised that Harlequin writers havn't glamorized it yet (you know make the teenagers be perfect), but no. Every child in a Harlequin novel is always a stinken kid ages 0-7, I've only seen one book with a teenager and two with a kid older than 7

No comments:

Post a Comment