Sunday, March 29, 2009

The art of covers

The first thing most readers see when they pick up a book is either the cover(or the spine). Some authors choose to make their own covers. For the last couple books I have written I have made my own covers.
The Talking Cake cover I had made a collage of different images( places, people, objects) to form a cover. Now I know that using celebrities in your cover is a very bad idea. It looks cheesy and stupid.
The Diary cover was mainly a tartan background with a small bottle of lipgloss with a heart inside it. I personally believe that it is simple but not very cheesy
Now when you are making a cover you should try to make it describe your book, but make it very simple. When I was writing some of my early works, my covers were usually of photos of celebrities, and artwork.
In short you can make any cover you like but just have it has something to do with the book.
-AM

No comments:

Post a Comment