Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Character inspirations

Ever notice that a character in a book you read(or like me write) sounds awefully a lot like a person you know? I noticed that about some of my DOALGA characters. I don't know why but I kinda unintentionally use personality traits, and events that happen in my real life and use it in my books.
For example: I noticed that the character Maggie's personality sounds a l0t like one of my friends. Or in TTOF the main villian Elizabeth sounds a lot like a person I don't like(which I might have done on purpose).
It is odd how sometimes you find out that your characters sound like people you know. Hmm. Well here is an update in my writing progress: I added the club book to my list of ideas.
Ok to explain my list of ideas: Since I only have a limited amount of time to write my books, and I try to give each an equel amount of time. So I made a list of book ideas. Most of whom I never end up writing.
Well back onto the subject on character personalities. These are some tips for future writers
1. make a character portfolio which includes personality traits, appearence, fears, likes, and a short history. It will help you write about your characters
2. if you want to be creative make a trailer out of movie clips, pick your ideal cast out and maybe even a soundtrack. I did those thinks with all of my books
3. Write a timeline of events and then slowly start to fill small events inbetween those events. So you know what to write
4. Attend writers clubs( I am attending my schools Young Writers club)

I hope that info helps future writers. Have a good day!
-AM

No comments:

Post a Comment