Saturday, March 28, 2009

Writing, writing, ahh it's gone

Many times when I am writing a book I have to know that over 80% of the books I write never end up being finished. Only 2% of my books are longer than 100 pages( on normal font). Ever since I started writing I knew that only a small fraction of my books are finished.
When you are writing a book, you should set your priorities and have your plan in head. If you write the first couple pages of your book and don't feel any happy writing it, or you just find it boring to write then you probably shouldn't write it. Though you can write a book and you feel really good about it, but you can suddenly get writers block( or just lose interest) in it.
When I am writing a book I need to know if I am able to write this book. Just remember if you lose inspiration for your book but you know it is a good idea doesn't mean that you have to force yourself to write the book. Believe me my computer is stuffed with tons of unfinished stories. Half of whom I don't plan to finish.
My tips are to accept that when you can't finish a book to just stash it away for a while, and maybe continue it later. Well I better go because I have other stuff to do( I gotta send this link to my friends)
-AM

No comments:

Post a Comment