Sunday, February 14, 2010

The first steps in the Talking Cake remake/reboot (which ever it is)

Once again I'll be saying this "I'm seriously thinking of remaking (or is it rebooting?) the Talking Cake (+ it won't be called the Talking Cake anymore). I have bene working on a blueprint on some major changes and some things I plan to keep. Here is my plan for the remake (or is it reboot? I could never tell the difference). The only thin I'm seriously worried about is that the Talking Cake (and some parts of the remake/reboot) is VERY cliche. God I hate cliches, but the entire premise of the book seems pretty cliche. Heres the main cliche in this book,

In a time of troubles, a group of adolescents are drawn together through circumstance and destiny to form a group that is larger than the sum of its parts. Generally, these young people are outcasts, orphans, or people on the fringes of society. Most or all of these people also possess some form of special powers (hint hint Claire's magical abilities)'. These characters eventually find friendship, community, and sometimes love with the others in their newly formed group (cough cough the Will/Daisy relationship and Claire/Trevor thing). This group frequently ends up either overthrowing the current social order (often to restore it to the realm's previous idyllic state) or overcoming some threat that no one else is aware of or able to face.

Wow I'm really not that creative. CURSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment