Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mary Sue/ perfect world moments in Charmed whatever

As I dreaded reading every single Mary-sue ridden page of this Charmed Forces, I decided to take note of all the Mary-sue moments in this book so far. Here's the list:
1. Everybody seems to adore Alyssa and the main heroines. One girl said, "I want to hang out with you because you seem nice". Wow that's so not like real life. That thing the girl said can easily be translated into, "I want to hang out with you because your soo awesome!".
2. The only people who don't like Alyssa are spiteful, mean and jealous of Alyssa. There is only like 5 people who don't like Alyssa and everybody in the campsite seem to not like them. Which kinda says "Those who don't like Alyssa are mean, unpopular and jealous of her"
3. Alyssa succeds (and gets) EVERYTHING! She won the rally and got the fastest time and everybody adored her more. She passed a uber hard test with flying colors despite the fact that she said she never studied and sucked at whatever the test was about. She got all her first choices for activities. She's the one who gets the magical abilities. Is this author even trying to have a flawed, non-perfect character? Cause so far I have found NO flaws of this little brat.
4. Nothing bad happens. The closest I ever got to a bad-thing was when the character Natalie's dog might have a tumor. That was the closest the book ever got so far to a bad moment. Of coarse turns out the dog was ok, and the book went straight back to it's happy, perfect utopia with it's Mary sues.
5. Alyssa is always right. So far even when she doesn't use the crystal she is always right.
6. Tons of guys love the girls. Ok might I add this this book seems as if it is written by boy-crazy preteens on a sugar high. There are long paragraphs of nothing but the girls going gaga over boys (who all seem the same. Cute, sweet, and...*groans*perfect). WHY THE HECK IS EVERYBODY PERFECT!?

Since I havn't even gotten to chapter 3 yet, I'll be praying for some form of bad event, or non-perfect moment to happen just so I can say that this book isn't all Mary Sues, and perfectness. GOD I hate this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment