Thursday, April 9, 2009

The hardest thing for me to admit

Here is a message to all authors that is usually very hard to understand: It is impossible to write the perfect book. There will always be flaws, and no matter how much you edit it there will still be somebody out there who doesn't like the story. I myself had to force myself to believe that the Diary book is not perfect and that since I'm a young author my writing is still changing. Most likely I'll come back in about ten years and wonder why I wrote like that.
It is usually hard for an author to admit that they did not make the perfect book, and that most likely the publishers will juts look for the flaws. My writing is changing now and I see proof of that by looking at my old books. Believe me when I saw my old books I was horrified that I wrote like that. My grandpa is a published author(well self-published) and I know that getting published by a major company is WAAAY harder than getting self-published.
I'm trying to be prepared for anything. For good and for worse. Because not everybody will fall head over heels for your book(which is why it is hard to ask your parents and relatives for advice about how to improve your writing). For example: Not everybody loves the Twilight series( I'm actually a huge fan!).
To be a successfull writter you have to know that it is impossible to write a book that EVERYBODY will enjoy , which is why it will be hard for me because compared to most famous authors my writing sucks, and you have to be prepared for negative reviews. My next post will be about how to ask people for advice about editing your book. My number one rule is just to not ask your parents.
-AM

No comments:

Post a Comment