Friday, April 10, 2009

My life as a Romance writer

I'm not the type of person who you would imagine to write romance novels. Well maybe, depends on what type of romance you mean. There are mainly three different types of romance
Romance for adults: Usually novels with the book cover has a muscular, half naked guy carrying a very curvy girl. They usually go into deep description of their physical or sexual attraction. Adults usually read these series
Romantic comedies: Usually they are made into tv shows and movies. Usually is a romance that has large or small amounts of comedies( I'm good at writing these)
Romance for teens: Take place in high school and occasionally middle school. Even rarely in Elementary school. Usually involve cliques, popular guys, football games, and other teen subjects.

I'm more of a Romanctic comedy for teens. Though I am always doubting my ability to write romance. I mean it is soo deep, and has it's up and downs. Unfortunately I have never dated a guy so it is kinda hard for me to write about dating. Now some romance authors write about romance after what they imagine it being like. I personally don't care about dating in real life, unlike most girls.
I plan to try to let go of the romance genre for a while. All of my books usually have the romance genre in it, but luckily there are numerous genres that were in it. I just have to finish the Fantasogra book because that is mainly a romance. Have a good week!
-AM

No comments:

Post a Comment