Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sorry about getting our hopes up

The chapter of the Fantasogra book is only being published in my school. Don't feel bad I might enter it in a contest, or maybe send it to my local newspaper. I just gotta get published and those Atlanta Newspapers will hopefully be crawling all over me! I hope. Well I might post the first chapter of that Fantasogra book later.
My plan for getting published is simple:
1. Finish editing and be sure that I get rid of a lot of stuff( first I have to decide whether to get the Diary book published or possibly my other books)
2. Get an agent. In the writing world the only way to get noticed is to get a literary agent. They will be an easy pass to the major publishing companies like Poppy and Scholastic.
3. Find a good company( I'm looking more toward Poppy, they publish the Gossip Girl series, Secrets of My hollywood life, The Clique).
4. Get small media attention( mostly locally)
5. Slowly grow till I'm big
6. Have a backup plan if my writing career doesn't go well. I just have to get my plan down.

Getting published is going to be a challenging thing, and it will not be easy. The only things I have to fear are Rejection letters, and bad reviews. Since I'm young(age 14) that may help my books getting published. I mean what's better than a 14 year old( who kinda has some social problems) who writes romance books in her freetime? I don't know, but I heard that this one kid got published at age 6. If a 6 year old can get published then so can a 14 year old!
-AM

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck, if I can help in any ay, by editing or something (sometimes a fresh eye can help), please let me know. Have a good night

    ReplyDelete