Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Titles

Every book, play, and every bit of written work has a title. Whether it has nothing to do with the book or is of major importance. I still havn't picked out a title for the Fantasogra book. Well here are some easy steps to make a title:
1. Think of 3 or more words that you think summarizes your plot. For example if your book is all about a teen who has to save the fairies you can call it The Fairy Quest or The Fairy rescue
2. Capture your reader's attention
Picking out a title is very important because it is the first thing that a reader sees. Also you should have a good plot summary. For example the plot summary for the Fantasogra book is: A normal looking girl falls in love with a handsome prince who is destined to marry a beautiful girl in order to have his happily ever after.
Ok so it might be a common idea, but if you ever read it you'll know that it's different. Well have a good week!
-AM
Ps: Have a question for me? Just ask it as a comment and I'll reply. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Anne,
    I have a friend who is an author who wrote a book that was published. She said that her publisher decided on what the title would be. They changed her original title to make it more marketable.... What to you think of that? I think I would have been a little upset
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Joan I have to admit that being marketable is very important, but using your own title is important too. Though most authors choose to use their own original title for their book.
    Whenever I am writing a book I usually look on Amazon to see if the title is already taken.
    Though I have to say that most people DO judge a book by it's title or cover. The answer to your question depends on the person.
    Personally I believe that I would like to keep my original title. Thanks for commenting
    -AM

    ReplyDelete