Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oh no my book's shrinking!

Is there such thing as editing your book too much? Well I think there is. My book as I told you all used to be 230 pages, but it's been edited down to only 188 pages. It's shrinking very fast! It's shorter than the Talking Cake! Oh wait The Talking Cake is on large font. I just hope that The Diary will be a bit longer than the Talking Cake, because if it gets too short then it won't be consisered a book. It will be a short story, or a novella. If it becomes a short story then it limits my publishing companies down a lot.
I'm already 17,000 words ahead of Short story, but believe me I delete by the masses! I deleted a whole 5 page chapter that was totally unnecesarry. Well I might not be able to post a lot because I'm visiting my grandparents during the weekend and I'm going to be very busy taking care of my sister. Hope your having a great Spring break!
-AM

2 comments:

  1. Two bits of advice (feel free to use or ignore) for you if you are serious about getting published:

    1. Get in the habit of typing everything in Times New Roman - 12 pt. size. It's a big temptation to use all those fantastic fonts you can get all over the web (I have, like, 3000 on my compy) but the only one agents and editors want to see is the basic, same size, easy to read one.

    2. Never go by pages - always go by word count. That's the only number that will matter to the ones who might want to print it.

    congrats on having something so long - I have a terrible time always being too short (my manuscripts, not my height! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it's okay, I put a link over here on my blog- I get a lot of visitors who are writers, I thought they might like to see what you are up to as well.

    ReplyDelete